We are fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the world, filled with animals, outdoor events, and fun. Our photographs reflect that. Our photographs also reflect the tastes and personality of our clients.
feistyworks uses a documentary style of photography. We don't sit you in a studio, and we don't run you through a checklist of impersonal poses. We catch the moods and action as they happen, in their native settings.
Kids like to wiggle and explore, so a studio portrait will capture their appearance, but lack in the personality department. Sure, we'd all love to see our kids sit still for a second, but one of the first things you will forget as parents isn't the way they looked, but the way they moved, how they held a spoon, how they used to brush their hair out of their face every 10 seconds. You may be surprised at the rich memories images of everyday actions will stir up 20 years later.
One of the best ways to highlight movement is in a series of images. We love this approach for children. feistyworks also likes well-ordered collages, and contemplative moments. We can work with you to achieve almost any result you desire. Just talk with us.
So… you’re a Senior. Congratulations!
You want to give your friends something to remember you by, and mark time for yourself, and your family. Senior portraits are a rite of passage. But here’s what you DON’T
- You don’t want to look like a specimen from the 1950s.
- You don’t want to hand out those wallet sized photos, which make you feel like you’re asking everyone to go out with you, treasure your image forever, etc.
- And, you don’t want to look
like everyone else with
the same tired wicker chair
and feather boa.
- We WORK our images.
We use contemporary
digital photographic processing techniques, cross-processing, desaturation, illustration, you name it… whatever suits the image. We make you look cool, with none of that tacky cliché stuff. You won’t look like you were herded off a cattle truck.
- No massive numbers of wallet-sized photos (unless your family wants them, wallets are appropriate for family, but not your friends!) We do POSTCARDS. Send them to your cousins in London. They’ll think you’re really cool. We also provide screen resolution CDs of your images — beautiful versions to post on facebook, send to your bff in New York — look good where you live: online!
- feistyworks shoots outside. We can get pics of you and your dog, your horse, your land. We *find* the right light, and breathe fresh air in the process.
Oh, and yearbook submissions are always free!